- Contact email: carmel.hassan (at) gmail (dot) com
- Roles: Product Designer, Teacher, UX Lead, UI/UX Designer, Web Developer
- Industries: Fintech, BigData, Healthcare IT, E-Commerce, Social Networks
- Bringing together: Engineerering, Design, Technology and People
UX Lead- Senior UX Specialist / 2015-2017 / 2 years
ITRS · Leading the concept design of Valo based solutions for end-users. Performing user research, competitive analysis, and measuring the user experience with and without users. Working with different teams: Marketing, Engineering, and Quality Assurance.
User Research, Interaction Design, Information Design, Usability, UX Strategy, Prototyping (Axure)
UX Designer / 2013-2015 / 1 year 3 months
CSC · Leading the UX Design activities from the Healthcare Technology Office. Providing guidance and mentoring product and development teams by a unified and consistent UX vision. Bringing UCD practice alignment to SDLC and Agile processes.
User-Centred Design, Design Strategy, Standards, Mobile Design, Guidelines, Visual communication, prototyping (Balsamiq, Fireworks, Indigo Studio), Web (CSS3)
Design Lead / 2012-13 / 1 year 6 month
CSC · Leading a multidisciplinary design team with IxD, UX Developers and Visual Designers, providing the strategy, the vision, and guiding the Goal-Centred Design in coordination with Agile Development. Contributing to the UX-culture inside the organization.
Visual communication, communication skills, time management, mediation, team-building, collaboration, empathy, technology knowledge, prototyping (Adobe Fireworks and Balsamiq Mockups)
UX Analyst / 2011-12 / 1 year
CSC · Making research, ideation, persona-scenario definition, and pattern description to develop design and style guidelines. Performing usability heuristic evaluations to provide a quality measure to designed solutions. Information designer, and UX consultant.
Research techniques, user modeling, information design, usability testing, analytical thinking, GUI composition, prototyping (Balsamiq Mockups)
UI Designer / 2009-11 / 1 year 3 months
iSOFT · Creating interactive prototypes and wireframes to define the interaction, the navigation, the layout, and the content. Identifying user requirements, defining interfaces specifications aligned to technology capabilities. Building user interfaces for RIA and RDA based on Silverlight (XAML).
Product requirements definition, interface design, interaction design, technical writing, prototyping (Blend Sketchflow)
Web Designer / 2009 / 8 months
Freelance · Information architect and user interface designer. Modeling, defining and building web interfaces for portals, social networks, ecommerce, and multi-websites. CSS themer and designer.
Managing color palettes, layout and composition, web interface design, CMS information architecture (Drupal), CSS Styling, prototyping (Adobe Fireworks)
Web developer / 2007-09 / 1 year 8 months
GTK · Front-end web developer based on Drupal CMS. Module developer, theme creator, CSS mark-up styling. Wireframing architecture and navigation, creating HTML prototypes and content specifications.
Information architecture for Web, programming (PHP), CSS styling, web development (Drupal)
Internship / 2006 / 9 months
UGR · Drupal developer and PHP programmer.
SKILLS & EDUCATION
Scholarship / 2001-05 & 2005-2010
ETSIIT · Computer Science learner, interested in decision guided systems, bio algorithms, information retrieval, UI design, and software engineering.
- UGR · Master Degree: Computer Engineering / 2010 / PFC · LCMS Platform based on Drupal
- UGR · Degree: Technical Computer Engineering / 2005
- Visualized – Nueva York / 2015
- User Experience – UX Spain Salamanca / 2015
- Material Fest – Cádiz / 2015
- UX Fighters – Madrid / 2014
- Beyond Tiles – Madrid / 2013
- User Experience – UX Spain Valladolid / 2013
- Microsoft Events – Megathon Málaga / 2013
- Web & Mobile – Webvision Barcelona / 2012
- User Experience – UX Spain Salamanca / 2012
- Microsoft Events – reMIX Madrid / 2010
- Drupal International – Drupal Conference Barcelona / 2007
- Ruby on Rails Events – Rails Spanish Conference / 2006
- R Programming / 2016
- The Characteristics of Effective Personas / 2012
- UX Design in the Mobile Frontier / 2012
- Designing effective surveys / 2012
- Lean UX: Getting out of the deliverables business / 2012
- Introduction to effective web design on-line / 2009
- Dynamic of Complex Systems and Bio-inspired Algorithms / 2006
- Web Site Development and Information Architecture / 2005
- Spanish (native)
- English (advanced) / B2 certified – Working since 2009 within a global team (India, UK, The Netherlands, Australia, and Spain)
As a way of promoting UX and engaging people to follow best practices of design, I’ve published these videos in Spanish within the UXSALAD umbrella.
- Introducción a Balsamiq
- Escenarios con Indigo Studio y Balsamiq Mockups
- Arquitectura de la Información en 3 pasos
- Diseño de formularios paso a paso
- Card Sorting con UXSORT
Evaluation 2.0. / Collaboration with Fernando Santamaría and Concepción Abraira / 2007
“Bitácoras: amplicando los canales de comunicación con los estudiantes”. Publication at I Innovative Learning ICT Technologies Conference at University of Zaragoza / 2006
- Speaker at WomenTechmakers “UX for Developers” / 2016
- Speaker at Yes We Tech ‘UX Mainstream’ / 2016
- Speaker at UXSpain 2014: “Interfaces de Usuario en el ámbito clínico/sanitario” / 2014
- Presentation at “Blog and wikis BlogAUT Conference”. The Week of Science and Technology. Comunidad de Madrid. / 2006
- Integrating ICT in education. Presentation at I Innovative Learning Conference. University of Zamora / 2006
- Cinefílica / 2015 – Movie database platform & magazine. Product Designer & Developer.
- Yes We Tech / 2015– Community founder. Volunteer.
- UX Salad / 2013 – Healthy Design Studio created with the aim of having a public brand to experiment, learn and work on a variety of projects.
- Pompitas de Málaga / 2010 – e-Commerce Designer & Developer of my own failed business.