Hi, I’m Carmel Hassan, I studied Computer Engineering at University of Granada and worked as a Web Developer and UX Designer for more than ten years. My family is my life, curiousity my road to madness and running the constant that keeps me healthy in any meaning.
I don’t know me enough to make a better introduction of myself so I wrote random thoughts as a way of spiting out ideas about technology, culture and design. At my 34, I don’t imagine any other future without joy and meaning. I’d love to work less hours, and get more from those. I’d love to encourage more women and girls to get into technology. I’d love to learn something new every year, spend enough time to practice it, and build cool and valuable digital products with a purpose.
By the way, don’t blame me if I change this text in the next 24 hours, I call it iterative improvement towards perfectionism with a strong feeling of impostor syndrome.
- Roles: Product Designer, Teacher, UX Lead, UI/UX Designer, Web Developer, Speaker (is that a thing?)
- Industries: Fintech, BigData, Healthcare IT, E-Commerce, Social Networks
- UIs: Websites, Web Apps, Desktop Apps, Mobile
- Bringing together: Engineerering, Design, Technology and People
- Languages: Spanish (native), English (advanced), French (ridicule), Arab (hi, good morning, 1,2,3…10)
- Tools: Invision, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq Mockups, UXPin, CanvasFlip, Google Analytics, MyOwnToolForTesting
- Design skills: Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Wireframing, Planning, Usability Engineering
- Soft skills: Communication, Problem-solving, Creative, Analytical, Leadership
- Personal skills: small talking about weather, movies, music, running,
Ebury · Leading the design of the best fintech services through customer-facing products.
User Research (Google Analytics, Intercom), User Testing (CanvasFlip, UserReplay), Information Design, Usability, UX Strategy, Prototyping (UXPin, Sketch, Invision)
ITRS · Leading the concept design of Valo based solutions for end-users. Performing user research, competitive analysis, and measuring the user experience with and without users. Working with different teams: Marketing, Engineering, and Quality Assurance.
User Research, Interaction Design, Information Design, Usability, UX Strategy, Prototyping (Sketch, Axure, Invision)
CSC · Leading the UX Design activities from the Healthcare Technology Office. Providing guidance and mentoring product and development teams by a unified and consistent UX vision. Bringing UCD practice alignment to SDLC and Agile processes.
User-Centred Design, Design Strategy, Standards, Mobile Design, Guidelines, Visual communication, prototyping (Balsamiq, Fireworks, Indigo Studio), Web (CSS3)
CSC · Leading a multidisciplinary design team with IxD, UX Developers and Visual Designers, providing the strategy, the vision, and guiding the Goal-Centred Design in coordination with Agile Development. Contributing to the UX-culture inside the organization.
Visual communication, communication skills, time management, mediation, team-building, collaboration, empathy, technology knowledge, prototyping (Adobe Fireworks and Balsamiq Mockups)
CSC · Making research, ideation, persona-scenario definition, and pattern description to develop design and style guidelines. Performing usability heuristic evaluations to provide a quality measure to designed solutions. Information designer, and UX consultant.
Research techniques, user modeling, information design, usability testing, analytical thinking, GUI composition, prototyping (Balsamiq Mockups)
iSOFT (a CSC Company) · Creating interactive prototypes and wireframes to define the interaction, the navigation, the layout, and the content. Identifying user requirements, defining interfaces specifications aligned to technology capabilities. Building user interfaces for RIA and RDA based on Silverlight (XAML).
Product requirements definition, interface design, interaction design, technical writing, prototyping (Blend Sketchflow)
Freelance · Information architect and user interface designer. Modeling, defining and building web interfaces for portals, social networks, ecommerce, and multi-websites. CSS themer and designer.
Color palettes, layout and composition, web interface design, CMS information architecture (Drupal), CSS Styling, prototyping (Adobe Fireworks)
UGR · Drupal developer and PHP programmer.
ETSIIT · Computer Science learner, interested in decision guided systems, data analytics, bio algorithms, information retrieval, UI design, and software engineering.
- Smashing Conference – Barcelona / 2017
- UX Spain / 2012-2017
- Visualized – Nueva York / 2015
- Material Fest – Cádiz / 2015
- UX Fighters – Madrid / 2014
- Beyond Tiles – Madrid / 2013
- Microsoft Events – Megathon Málaga / 2013
- Web & Mobile – Webvision Barcelona / 2012
- Microsoft Events – reMIX Madrid / 2010
- Drupal International – Drupal Conference Barcelona / 2007
- Ruby on Rails Events – Rails Spanish Conference / 2006
- R Programming / 2016
- The Characteristics of Effective Personas / 2012
- UX Design in the Mobile Frontier / 2012
- Designing effective surveys / 2012
- Lean UX: Getting out of the deliverables business / 2012
- Introduction to effective web design on-line / 2009
- Dynamic of Complex Systems and Bio-inspired Algorithms / 2006
- Web Site Development and Information Architecture / 2005